Getting to know each other
We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at Glad Tidings a great one!
General Service Times and Items
Glad Tidings Meets Every Sunday
- Main Weekly Service: Sundays at 10:30 am
- Sunday Children's Ministry (Ages 4-11) Meets in the Fellowship Hall (Room #111) at 10:30 am
- Nursery/Child Care: Not available at this time
- Wednesday Night Prayer Meetings (Pastoral Transition): 7-8 pm and on premise
- Youth Group, Fridays 6:30-9 PM
- Adult Bible Education Classes: Not available at this time
Typically other groups and studies meet at various times throughout the week and throughout the area. For information regarding other groups which may be meeting, consult our Small Groups page and/or our quarterly Small Groups Brochure located at the Communications Hub in the church foyer.
Location and Directions
Glad Tidings meets at 1980 Culver Road, Rochester, NY, 14609.
We are located one mile South of Rt. 104 on Culver Road on the left just past the Hidden Creek Apartments OR two tenths of a mile North of Empire Blvd on the right (look for our sign just after Seymour Road).
For a map, click here.
What can I expect?
What you’ll find at Glad Tidings any given Sunday…
- An Inspiring Worship Service
- Preaching and Teaching in Plain English
- A Friendly, Multi-Cultural Church Family
- A Service That Lasts 90 Minutes
- Thought-Provoking Messages Based on the Bible
- Fun Teaching for Your Children
- Safe, Quality Child Care
- Others Just Like Yourself
- And, of course... Freshly Brewed, Free Coffee
Is there a dress code at GT?
Yes. Please wear some :-)
On that note: God doesn't require suits and ties, so neither do we! Feel free to dress-up or dress-down. It is the condition of a person's heart that matters, not the style of their clothes! Sunday's at GT are pleasant, casual, and relaxed. Come as you are and expect to feel welcome.
What about my kids?
Due to COVID 19, our Nursery Program (birth through 3 years) is not available at this time. KidZone (ages 4-12) meets Sunday mornings at 10:30 am.
We believe kids should have a blast at church - and at Glad Tidings, we make this a priority. Our other priority is your children’s safety. Because of that, we have a detailed check-in process for all our kid's programs. You’ll want to leave yourself an extra ten minutes or so to sign in for the GT Kids experience.
Our Nursery Program is for birth through 3 yrs. Kid's Club and KidZone is for ages 4-11.
Although children are welcome to stay in the sanctuary during "Big People Church", we do ask parents to use discretion if their children are causing distraction during the preaching of the the Bible; if so, consider utilizing the Kid's programs. Usually you and your children will have a much better experience if you do.
"Honestly, I was a little anxious attending Glad Tidings for the first time...a little unsure of what to expect. But as soon as I walked through the doors it felt like home."